2021 Spotlight : A Fabulo Stellar Halloween Costume !!!

 

                    Halloween was October 31st as always! You could have been a Squid Game character , a dinosaur or a disco queen/king. Despite all the costumes I did see, a common theme was definitely NASA / space. This past Halloween both adults and children worn outfits outer space related . That was the lane I headed in for my own costume. My inspiration was Zenon Girl Of The 21st Century. I drew the character inspiration from Nebula.  

I gathered a denim skirt I have and rolled it up thigh length to create a short mini skirt. The vest is actually a part of my City Year uniform. One thing that really knocked me off was the colors. As far the styling goes, the recreation did follow the guidelines. The colors were primary and neutral which had taken away from the complement of the styling and its familiarized concept .


                                                                                       There is a CY logo that would have been covered with a “N” for Nebula







Therefore , “I thought, what other character from this particular film can I take inspiration from?”  

Proto Zoa's own attire came to  mind, it's metallic colors and shiny elements to the  outfit. Regardless, if you had seen the Zenon trilogy or The Fifth Element , the wardrobe follows a futuristic association. 

Keeping that space theme and keeping my costume recognizable was the main idea. Martian/Space Girl became the overall theme because of its outer galaxy notoriety. 


                                                                               The alien boppers is a must have 


I used an old A line gold metallic skirt I had. The skirt is to the ankles that was then cut mid length past the thigh area.

                                          the skirt was a little bit shorter in the front, the back was a good enough length to cover up the buttocks









With that in mind, I ruled out the first and second outfit and replaced the top with a silver dress and tucked it under. The V-shape neckline really added volume. I absolutely loved it.!!  

It's sparkly , it ultimately created a holographic illusion. The accessory was antenna or alien boppers and for that I used aluminum foil. I made a headband and cut two circles for the boppers.

                                                                                              space buns 



Unfortunately, it was too weak to withstand, so it did get tossed in the trash. What I had in mine were space buns. I did have bantu knots, it was added and came in accordance with the look. Overall , here is my final look !! 


In the meantime, you still have time to gather any character you'll become next!!

Happy New Year !!!




Images : Nebula Zenon , Proto Zoa , Space Alien  Costume, Girl with two hair buns


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying on the Same Size Jeans From 3 Different Stores

Blueberry and Grape Smoothie with Homemade Strawberry Vegan Milk

Go To Spots At Little Five Points & ADA Accesiblitity